- Best practices for a specific type of campus sustainability initiatives.
- Costs and benefits of campus sustainability efforts.
- Relationships between campus sustainability and other indicators such as number and/or quality of applicants for admission, alumni donations, number and/or quality of job applicants, campus employee satisfaction, etc.
- Case studies of campus sustainability programs.
- A comparative evaluation of different approaches to campus sustainability.
- An assessment of the effectiveness of strategies used to foster sustainability on campus.
In addition to this new award for student research, AASHE offers two additional awards:
Campus Sustainability Leadership Awards recognize colleges and universities that have made the greatest contribution to campus sustainability efforts.
Student Sustainability Leadership Awards recognizes an undergraduate student "who has demonstrated outstanding leadership in promoting campus sustainability."
Submissions for all three competitions are due August 1, 2008.